- To stimulate and encourage all pupils to be involved in music making.
- To help each pupil to listen with understanding.
- To provide opportunities for pupils to explore sound using technology.
- To provide the opportunity for pupils to understand, read and write the language of Music to the best of their ability.
- To develop pupils powers of self-criticism, self-reliance and responsibility.
- To develop organisation, communication and social skills through the delivery of musical activities.
- To develop a perceptive, sensitive and critical response to music of different styles and cultures.
- To encourage the understanding and expression of thoughts, feelings and emotions communicated through music.