We insist upon a strict adherence to our rules around uniform and expect our girls to wear it with pride. We both trust and rely on your full support in implementing this policy.
· SKIRT: Navy skirt with kick pleats bearing our school badge. (TO BE WORN KNEE LENGTH)*
· TROUSERS: School Uniform Trousers bearing our school badge*
· JUMPER: Special Cherry Red with embroidered badge* (Navy jumper in Year 11)
*NOTE: These items should only be purchased from our school outfitters (listed below) or from our second hand shop. (See poster below).
· BLOUSE: White, Rever Collar: Poly/Cotton.
· SOCKS: Plain White/Navy, knee length; (not over the knee). NO TRAINER SOCKS.
· TIGHTS: Black, plain. NO LEGGINGS.
· SHOES: Substantial, Black, flat or low-heeled. NO TRAINERS, PUMPS OR BOOTS.
· OUTDOOR COATS: Must be sensible in style and colour and MUST NOT BE WORN INSIDE SCHOOL. NO LEATHER OR DENIM JACKETS, TRACKSUIT TOPS, HOODIES OR JACKETS WITH LARGE LOGOS.
· Navy or black head scarf. (OPTIONAL)
Jewellery** is restricted to an analogue or digital watch and ONE PAIR of SMALL, DISCRETE STUD EARRINGS (WORN AS ONE STUD IN EACH EAR LOBE). These items must be removed for PE. NO OTHER PIERCINGS.
Any piercings that fall foul of this policy and cannot be removed immediately, must be covered up with a plaster. Failure to remove these items after an agreed timescale with parents will be treated as serious defiance, leading to further detentions, isolation and in extreme cases, suspension.
Any watch e.g., Apple Watch or other electronic device** that can connect to the internet cannot be worn in school.
**NOTE: As per DfE regulations, the school will confiscate and securely store any items that fall foul of this policy. Confiscated items will be returned to students at the end of the school day, or to parents by separate arrangement. Students will also receive a detention.
Hair should be neat and sensible. Extreme hair colours e.g., unnatural or starkly contrasting colours, or styles e.g. partly shaved, are not permitted.
If it is not practical or possible for an unsuitable hair style or colour to be resolved immediately, the student may be isolated until this has been done. Failure to resolve the issue after an agreed timescale with parents will be treated as serious defiance, leading to further detentions, Isolation and in extreme cases, suspension.
Hair grips, bobbles, scrunchies and hair bands must be discrete in size and style, plain and either cherry red, navy or black.
Students wearing excessive make-up, false eyelashes, fake tan, false nails, or coloured nails will be withdrawn from lessons until removed.
If it is not practical or possible for these items to be removed immediately, the student may be isolated until this has been done. Failure to remove these items after an agreed timescale with parents will be treated as serious defiance, leading to further detentions, Isolation and in extreme cases, suspension.
PE KIT (COMPULSORY)
• School PE Navy t-shirt*
• COMPULSORY School Tracksuit bottoms*
• School PE Navy skort (only required by those competing in inter-school sports).
• School Hooded Sweatshirt*
• Sports Trainers with non-marking soles (no fashion trainers)
• White plain sports socks
• Shin Pads
• PE bag Black/Navy (no big logos)
*NOTE: These items should only be purchased from our school outfitters (listed below).
• Smart Clothing, 54 Lancaster Road, Preston
• Top One Uniform, 39 St John’s Shopping Centre, Preston
• Bang Bang, 91 Lancaster Rd, Preston
• Just Clothing, Pope Lane, Preston
Any parent or carer who is facing financial difficulty and needs support with provision of uniform for their daughter should contact the relevant Head of Year in the first instance.
If you wish to purchase or view uniform items from our Second-Hand Uniform Shop please contact Lesley Chohan at the school. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have put together an equipment list (below) to support you in getting everything you need ready. We hope you find it useful.