We have had a jam packed half term full of enrichment opportunities; our clubs, sports and societies have started and we have had our successful Festival of Literature and Language.
I am excited to share with you the next terms events. Keep your eyes open for the following events and talk to your daughter about them:
- Year 7 – 11 Manga High Competition – Maths (Competition). Students will be competing with other schools across the UK on all aspects of Maths that they have covered so far this year.
- Year 7 – Cell – a – bration – Science (Competition). Students are studying the big idea of organisms. They will be asked to create a 3D model of a cell. This is a great way to demonstrate their understanding.
- Year 8 Animal Rights Speaker – RE (Enrichment). Students are studying the ultimate questions unit, which explores the sanctity of human life in contrast to animals and they will be fortunate enough to be able to listen to an Animal Rights Speaker.
- Year 9 – Creative Careers – Music (Futures). Students in Music will be delving deep into careers in and beyond the arts
- Year 9 – Photography – CAT (competition). There will be a photography competition set that links Art & Design with Photography.
- Year 10 & 11 – Knitting and Stitching Show – CAT (Enrichment). There will be a showcase of a different range of textile skills.
- Year 10 – RS A Level at Hutton – RE (Futures). Students will have the pleasure of a Hutton Grammar teacher coming into school to deliver a session on Religious Studies.
- Year 10 & 11 A Christmas Carol – English (Enrichment). Students have an opportunity to watch a performance in school.
- Year 10 Physics is not your nemesis and who designs our white-knuckle rides? – Science (Futures and competition). Students are studying “energy”. They need to understand how gravitational potential energy and kinetic energy are linked to motion and they will be set a challenge to create their own white-knuckle ride – prizes to be won! You must be in it to win it!
- Year 11 – Where does Oil come from?– Science (Futures). Students are studying organic chemistry. They will be looking into how we separate crude oil into useful fractions. There will also be a Zoom interview with a Geo Chemist.
- Year 11 – Rambert Dance at Runshaw – PE (Futures). This gives students the opportunity to work with an external contemporary dancer. This aids in GCSE dance choreography.
In addition to these activities, some students will be involved in some optional events and trips. Information about these events will be sent home in due course.
- MFL – Christmas Markets Trip (Enrichment)
- English – Year 7 – The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe Lowry Theatre Trip (enrichment)
- English – Year 8 – Women that Changed the World Theatre Trip (enrichment)
- English – Year 11 London West End residential (Residential) – watching performances
- RE & History – Year 8 & 9 Trip to Manchester – Judaism Holocaust (Cross Curricular Project)
- Art – Runshaw Horizons – Photography Dark Room Trip (Futures)
- Art – Runshaw Horizons – Art and Design (Futures)
Mrs Honeyman, Associate Assistant Headteacher